Banking & Finance
Our Banking & Finance group represents numerous local, regional and national commercial banks and non-bank lenders. The Firm has years of experiencing representing its Banking & Finance clients. This experience helps guide our clients through transactions and provides unique ability to understand the concerns and considerations of our clients entering into these transactions.
The Banking & Finance group is a multidisciplinary practice group lead by a team of seasoned lender lawyers but, also includes work-out, litigation and creditor side bankruptcy attorneys. We are designed to be able to provide to our client banks comprehensive full service on all aspects of commercial lending.
Our Banking & Finance attorneys routinely handle direct, participated and syndicated loan and other credit transactions of all types. We are equally comfortable with asset-based lending on personal property transactions and with real estate lending in all phases of development. Our attorneys are experienced in a wide variety of banking and lending matters, including:
- Asset-based and collateralized financing
- Mezzanine and other subordinate debt structuring
- Loan restructuring and workouts
- Syndicated and multiple creditor financing
- UCC sales and real estate foreclosures
- Regulatory compliance
In addition to the broad experience of the group’s attorneys, the group practice in several specialized areas, including:
- Commercial real estate loans on multifamily properties for DUS lenders for ultimate delivery to Fannie Mae and or Freddie Mac or for securitization and sale in the CMBS marketplace
- Mortgage warehousing and specialty credits such as MSR financing, HECM’s and HECM tail financing, and other facilities targeted towards mortgage originators
- “On demand” advisory service focusing on day to day depository issues to assist front line bankers with questions concerning trusts, powers of attorney, probate related matters and the like
- HAL-Docs, an affiliate of the firm, operates a parallel complementary service to our bank clients with a separate dedicated team of attorneys and processors who perform limited due diligence on and prepare customized Laser Pro packages for commercial loans on a structured fee basis.
Our experience runs the full life cycle of a financing transaction, from initial negotiations, to workouts and collections.