Ms. Jett received a B.B.A. in Finance with a minor in Political Science from Texas Christian University, a M.S. in Accounting with an emphasis in Taxation from Oklahoma State University, and a J.D. from the University of Oklahoma.
Prior to joining Higier Allen & Lautin, PC, Ms. Jett was an associate at Hoge, Evans, Holmes, & Carter, PLLC and Evans Zable & Bishop, and a Tax Manager at Lain, Faulkner & Company, P.C.
Outside the office, Ms. Jett is an avid Scuba Diver, with Rescue Diver Certification, loves to travel worldwide with her sister and nephews, and enjoys scrapbooking, fine dining, and wine collecting.
Ms. Jett concentrates her practice in the areas of asset-based and other collateralized financing, syndicated and other multiple creditor financing, loan restructuring, workouts and collections, factoring, commercial real estate financing, general corporate and business formations and transactions, mergers and acquisitions, commercial and residential real estate foreclosures and collections, and commercial bankruptcy.
Ms. Jett has represented financial institutions in multiple specialty financing transactions collateralized by aircraft, yachts, sailing vessels, chattel paper, electronic chattel paper, and other assets of consumer lender finance companies (“buy-here, pay-here”, consumer loan companies, live checks, and payday loans), equipment, and leases.
Within real estate financing, Ms. Jett has represented financial institutions in construction and permanent financing for multi-family projects with low-income housing tax credits, 515 USDA loans through Rural Development, and other tax credit financing in both Texas and New Mexico. She also has experience with financing in Qualified Opportunity Zones in Texas, Multiple Utility Districts, and Public Improvement Districts.
Ms. Jett has advised numerous clients on issues ranging from general entity formation, conversion of entities, tax implications of entity structures, special purpose entities, and purchase and sale of entities.
When loans go into default, Ms. Jett stands ready to advise clients on proper default notices, forbearance agreements, foreclosures and other liquidations of collateral.
- Named “Rising Star” by Law & Politics and Texas Monthly magazines (2007, 2008, and 2009)
- Certified Public Accountant – Oklahoma
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Easter District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Oklahom
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Oklahoma
Legal Associations, Professional Associations, and Community Leadership
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Phi Delta Phi (Legal Honorary Fraternity) – Life Member
- Pi Beta Phi Foundation – Undergraduate Scholarship Committee, Committee Chair
- Richardson-Plano Phi Beta Phi Alumnae Club – Member, Board Member
- Junior League of Dallas – Member, Board Member, Sustaining Advisor – Finance
- Community Partners of Dallas Partnership Auxiliary – Member, Board Member
- The Family Place Partners – Member, Board Member
- Partner’s Card (Benefiting The Family Place) – Sales Team
- Dallas CASA – Children’s Council – Member
Articles and Presentations
- Created and presented a short course entitled “Corporate Entities and Formation – Documentation Necessary for New Accounts and Loans” for several financial institutions
- Created and presented a short course entitled “Uniform Commercial Code – Documentation and Other Pitfalls” for several financial institutions
- Created and presented a short course entitled “Protecting Bank’s Rights and Remedies” for several financial institutions
- Created a short course entitled “Intellectual Property” for presentation to a client engaged in the print communications business
- Created and presented a CLE Course entitled “Corporate Entities and Formation” for Texas CLE Credit
- Created and presented a CLE Live Webinar Course for Strafford Publishing entitled “Commercial Loan Guaranties: Drafting and Enforcing Corporate and Personal Guaranties and Non-Recourse Carve-Outs”
Phone (972) 371-2482
Fax (972) 770-7842
2711 North Haskell Ave
Dallas, Texas 75204