Mr. Rodriguez received a B.A from the University of Texas and J.D. from Texas Wesleyan School of Law, now known as Texas A&M School of Law.
Mr. Rodriguez received his law license in 2006 and has practiced continually since then.
Prior to joining the Higier Allen & Lautin, PC, Mr. Rodriguez was the law clerk to the Hon. D. Michael Lynn in Fort Worth. Mr. Rodriguez was also an associate at the Curtis Law Firm, PC.
Mr. Rodriguez spends his free time as a Den Leader in Cub Scouts with his sons, biking and spending time with his wife.
Mr. Rodriguez’s primary practice area is representing clients in commercial bankruptcy cases. Additionally, Mr. Rodriguez regularly litigates in Federal District Court typically in collection lawsuits and defending against claims against his financial services clients. Ancillary to these matters, Mr. Rodriguez will also handle appeals from these cases.
Mr. Rodriguez has years of experience in bankruptcy cases across a wide range of industries and venues. Types of industries include: real estate development, multi-family, medical, transportation, oil & gas, car dealerships and restaurants among many others.
Within these cases Mr. Rodriguez handles all manner of matters and disputes. Mr. Rodriguez guides his clients through the early strategy considerations in a bankruptcy case and litigates complex matters both within the bankruptcy case and in related adversary proceedings.
Mr. Rodriguez’s practice focuses on the creditor side of bankruptcy cases, and also represents equity and officers & directors.
Because a creditor’s involvement with a matter rarely begins with a bankruptcy filing or lawsuit, Mr. Rodriguez represents clients across a broad spectrum of services which includes demand letters, UCC sales, pre-bankruptcy / litigation planning, and post-judgment / bankruptcy collection.
While Mr. Rodriguez primarily practices in Texas, he has appeared numerous times in courts in Delaware and New York, as well as in other venues such as New Mexico, Chicago, Los Angeles, Kentucky and others.
Mr. Rodriguez is admitted to the following:
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Western District of Texas
- Various Admissions Pro Hac Vice around the country
Mr. Rodriguez is a member, or affiliated with, the following groups
- State Bar Association of Texas
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Dallas Area Young Bankruptcy Lawyers Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Plano, Texas CERT
- Boys Scouts of America
Articles and Presentations
- What you Need to Know About Bitcoin. Northern District Bench Bar, 2018
- Bankruptcy 546(e) Safe Harbor Exemptions for Swaps, Securitized Loan Payments, LBO Shareholder Payments and More, presented March 1, 2016
- Commercial Loan Guaranties: Drafting and Enforcing Corporate and Personal Guaranties and Non-Recourse Carve-Outs, presented August 11, 2015
- Pre-Bankruptcy Real Property Foreclosure as a Preference, May 2014 issue of the Dallas Bar Association Headnotes
- Basic Considerations for CPAs Advising Clients Concerning Bankruptcy, presented by Jason Rodriguez 2011
- Co-author of Chapter 11, The Practice of Corporate Reorganization Law
- Introduction to Bankruptcy Considerations for Oil and Gas Lawyers, Texas Wesleyan Law Review, Fall 2009, Vol. 16, p. 93.
- Panel Discussion at Texas Wesleyan School of Law regarding Bankruptcy, Spring 2010
- Law Clerks for the Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Courts Panel Discussion, Fall 2008
Phone (972) 759-1359
Fax (972) 759-1359
2711 North Haskell Ave
Dallas, Texas 75204