Josh Imhoff has a wide range of business and transactional expertise, but focuses his practice primarily on the commercial real estate industry. He represents banks and other financial institutions in mortgage lending and other forms of secured financing. He represents developers and investors in all aspects of the acquisition, development and disposition of commercial real estate, as well as advising on entity structuring and formation, and transaction financing. He represents landlords and tenants in commercial leases. He represents mineral estate owners in connection with oil and gas leasing and surface use issues, as well as independent energy companies in sale and acquisition, development and financing of mineral interests.
- Real Estate
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Business Transactions
- Business Entity Formation and Structuring
- Oil and Gas Transactions
- Represented national and regional banks in commercial real estate and construction lending, equipment leasing, and other asset-based lending.
- Represented “hard money” lenders in high yield commercial real estate financings.
- Represented national homebuilder in real estate acquisitions and planned residential developments.
- Represented commercial developers and investors in the acquisition, financing and disposition of commercial and industrial properties, as well as in connection with development, entitlement, and land use issues.
- Represented banks and other financial institutions in mezzanine lending, both on the senior and mezzanine side.
- Negotiated, structured and documented loan work outs and restructurings.
- Represented franchisees in negotiations with national franchisors in the hospitality and food service industries.
- Negotiated, structured and documented a wide range of business entity formations, including limited partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and joint ventures.
- B.A. degree, summa cum laude, from Austin College, 1993
- J.D. and LL.M. degrees, with honors, from Duke University School of Law, 1998 (member of the Duke Law Journal)
Legal Associations, Professional Affiliations, and Community Leadership
- President, Austin College “L” Association, 2013-14.
- President, Coppell ISD Education Foundation, 2012-13.
- President’s Visiting Council, Austin College, 2012 – present.
- Leadership Dallas, Class of 2012.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Education Committee Advisory Board member, and Corporate Council representative.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.
- Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
- Named “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) in 2005 – 2010.
Previous Professional Experience
- Partner at Carrington Coleman Sloman & Blumenthal, LLP (1999-2013)
- Clerk to Justice Greg Abbott, Supreme Court of Texas (1998-1999)